Why does the app want to send messages to me?
The Payconiq by Bancontact app will only send you a message in very specific situations - and only to provide you with a better service. Here are some examples of messages you may receive:
- To tell you that you have not yet linked a Bancontact card or bank account number.
- To remind you that a payment card is due to expire or has already expired.
- To notify you when someone has sent you a payment remotely.
- To tell you about new services.
You can switch these messages on or off at any time via the settings on your device.
- Getting started
- Who can I contact if I have questions about my transactions?
- Can I make or receive payments for any amount with the app?
- Can the same QR code be scanned by different payers?
- How long do the transactions in my history remain visible for?
- I cannot send money with the Payconiq by Bancontact. What should I do?
- Privacy and security
- Functions of the app
- What to do in case of?
- I can no longer pay with my Payconiq by Bancontact app. I get a message that my bank is refusing the payment because my card or the beneficiary's card is blocked.
- I can’t manage to install the app. What are the possible causes?
- I have forgotten my PIN or have entered an incorrect PIN three times. What do I need to do?
- I have to replace the SIM card in my device. What happens to the Payconiq by Bancontact app?
- I’m seeing the ‘Authorisation failed’ error message. What can I do to resolve it?