Can I make or receive payments for any amount with the app?
When you make a payment using a Bancontact QR code or via a Bancontact payment button on a website or in a merchant's app, the following applies:
- The minimum amount for a payment when scanning a QR code is € 0.02. The maximum amount you can pay a merchant is € 1,500, while the figure is € 250 for payments between friends. After scanning a QR code, you always have to confirm the amount with your PIN, fingerprint or facial recognition, regardless of the transaction amount.
- There is also a maximum amount per day for each card included in the Payconiq by Bancontact app: you can pay up to a maximum of € 2,500 (or € 250 for payments between friends) and receive € 500 per day and per card. There is also a daily limit for the total amount of all transactions using all cards: you can use the app to pay a maximum of € 2,500 (maximum of € 250 for payments between friends) and receive up to € 500.
If you are making a mobile payment via a Payconiq QR code or Payconiq payment button on a website or in a merchant's app:
- If you have a bank account with AXA, Banx, Belfius, BNP Paribas Fortis, Fintro, Hello Bank!, ING, KBC, CBC or KBC Brussels, then the bank defines the payment limits. Check your bank's Terms of Business.
- If you are a customer with another bank, there is a payment limit of € 150 per week.
- Getting started
- Who can I contact if I have questions about my transactions?
- Can I make or receive payments for any amount with the app?
- Can the same QR code be scanned by different payers?
- How long do the transactions in my history remain visible for?
- I cannot send money with the Payconiq by Bancontact. What should I do?
- Privacy and security
- Functions of the app
- What to do in case of?
- I can no longer pay with my Payconiq by Bancontact app. I get a message that my bank is refusing the payment because my card or the beneficiary's card is blocked.
- I can’t manage to install the app. What are the possible causes?
- I have forgotten my PIN or have entered an incorrect PIN three times. What do I need to do?
- I have to replace the SIM card in my device. What happens to the Payconiq by Bancontact app?
- I’m seeing the ‘Authorisation failed’ error message. What can I do to resolve it?