I have to replace the SIM card in my device. What happens to the Payconiq by Bancontact app?
The Payconiq by Bancontact app works entirely independently from the SIM card in the device. This means that provided your mobile phone number has not changed, replacing your SIM card will have no effect on use of the app.
You can change the telephone number yourself in your app's settings. Go to Menu, Settings and under Profile, tap on your current telephone number, where you can change your telephone number. If that doesn't work, send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Getting started
- Who can I contact if I have questions about my transactions?
- Can I make or receive payments for any amount with the app?
- Can the same QR code be scanned by different payers?
- How long do the transactions in my history remain visible for?
- I cannot send money with the Payconiq by Bancontact. What should I do?
- Privacy and security
- Functions of the app
- What to do in case of?
- I can no longer pay with my Payconiq by Bancontact app. I get a message that my bank is refusing the payment because my card or the beneficiary's card is blocked.
- I can’t manage to install the app. What are the possible causes?
- I have forgotten my PIN or have entered an incorrect PIN three times. What do I need to do?
- I have to replace the SIM card in my device. What happens to the Payconiq by Bancontact app?
- I’m seeing the ‘Authorisation failed’ error message. What can I do to resolve it?