Various limits apply to mobile (QR code) payments or contactless payments with the Payconiq by Bancontact app:
For a mobile payment made either by scanning a Payconiq QR code or through a Payconiq payment button on a website or in the merchant's app
- For a payment made by scanning a QR code, the minimum charge for a mobile payment is €0.02. The maximum amount is €250 per payment between friends, and €1.500 per payment to a merchant. A payment made by scanning a QR code always needs to be confirmed with your PIN code, fingerprint or facial recognition, regardless of the transaction amount.
- A daily maximum has also been put in place for every card linked to the Payconiq by Bancontact app: you can make payments for a maximum of € 2.500 (€250 for payments between friends) and receive €500 per card, per day. The total daily amount for all transactions with all cards in the app is also limited to a maximum of €2.500 for payments (max. €250 for payments between friends) and €500 for amounts received.
For a mobile payment made either by scanning a Bancontact QR code or through a Bancontact payment button on a website or in the merchant's app:
- Do you have a bank account with AXA, Belfius, BNP Paribas Fortis, Fintro, Hello Bank, ING, KBC, CBC or KBC Brussels? If so, your bank will determine the payment limits. To find this information, please consult your bank's terms and conditions. If you are a customer of a different bank, there is a payment limit of €150 per week.
For a contactless payment (made by holding your smartphone close to the terminal):
No limits apply to contactless payments which were confirmed by entering your PIN code in the Payconiq by Bancontact app. This means there is no minimum or maximum amount.
For contactless payments without PIN entry, the following limits apply:
- the maximum amount for an individual transaction is €25 (€50 for parking)
- you can make a maximum of five consecutive no-PIN transactions with a cumulative total of no more than €50
As soon as one or more limits are exceeded, the Payconiq by Bancontact app will ask you to enter your PIN code.
These limits apply in addition to your bank card limits.